Uninsured-Motorist-Underinsured-Motorist recommended lawyers

Uninsured Motorist/Underinsured Motorist

If you have been seriously injured through the fault of another driver who has no insurance or does not have enough, you may have a legal right to recover against your own insurance company. This is called uninsured, or underinsured motorist coverage. We can protect your legal rights as to any uninsured motorist claim you have with your insurer. If you settle your claim before you’ve determined the full extent of your injuries, all your legal rights against your insurance company may be lost. We have the expertise necessary to send the right notices to the insurance companies to protect your rights to a fair settlement.

Oregon law requires that your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in your automobile policy be equal to your liability insurance limits. So, if your automobile policy has a liability bodily injury limit of $100,000.00, then the insurance company must also provide uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in that amount. If the other driver has some insurance, but not enough, your UM/UIM insurance can be “stacked” over the at-fault driver’s policy. So, if the at-fault driver has a $25,000 policy limit and you have UM/UIM coverage of $100,000 your UM/UIM policy stacks on top of the $25,000 to give you $125,000 of available coverage for your injuries.

There are specific time periods and required notices that apply to these claims. Our firm is very familiar with them and can protect your rights. Call us so we can help. (503-472-3770).

Scroll to Top